Monday, December 1, 2008

"Who Needs Snow"

So today was decorating day for the Festival of Trees! My Family and I have been working on our Tree for a few months now, so it was fun to see it all come together! This year Our theme was a beach or tropical kind of tree. You have to name your tree, so we gave our tree the name of "Who Needs Snow!" We have done this in the memory of my niece Ashley. She loved the summertime and always wished that she could go some place warm during the cold winter, I imagine the cold was hard on her but she never let you know how much it really bothered her! This was our second tree and we plan on doing it every year, we enjoy it so much and it helps ease the hurt and heartache a little, knowing that our time and effort is going to help children at Primary Children's Hospital, the same place that our Ashley spent weeks at a time, receiving great care and hope! Ashley My Angel
By Randie Smith

I have a guardian angel now,
She was sent to me from above.
With eyes so warm and caring,
They showed me of her Love.

Her laughter I will always hear,
The fun times we had I hold so dear.
We had a friendship that was so strong,
I know her love will go on and on.

A smile she would always wear,
Even when life, seemed to be unfair
She would always give me that sweet look,
And in no time she was off the hook.

Her heart was full of music,
A song I could always hear.
It told of her joy and love,
And so often she would share.

She has taught me of so many things
Like what it means to fight,
And live for everything.
I don’t know who I would be,
If my guardian angel, hadn’t been sent to me.

I read this at her funeral. We were more like sisters then anything else! I will miss her forever until that time comes when I get to hug her once more, till then all I have are fond memories that always bring a smile to my face and tears to my eyes! Love you Ash!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

That is sweet! I am going to the fott tonight, so I will definitely look for it. How old was your niece when she passed, was she really sick?