Friday, November 14, 2008

Oh the Life of a Farmer!

Just a random thought for you, from the middle of the night! After almost 11 years of being married to Farmer Greg, you would think when the phone rings in the middle of the night, I should assume the cows are out! But it's not!! My heart races and as I run to find the phone, only to hear another farmer or sometimes dispatch asking for Farmer Greg, always telling him the cows are out! Then Farmer Greg drags out of bed to go put them back in! I always stay up until he returns safely back home or until I get the phone call from Farmer Greg saying he needs my help!! We have spent a few nights putting cows away together either our own or from the feedlot. Each trip out has always been an adventure for the half asleep farmer and his wife! But you know what they say 1 night in the country is far better then a week in the city! I do have to agree!

This picture is of Farmer Greg sorting out some of our mama cows and calves. Sorry I haven't thought to take pictures during the middle of the night craziness! It is only 1:40 am!

2 comments:

Karin said...

I am so sorry Randi, this post totally made me smile, because I totally know how you feel.(: Except, Mike's never asked me to help...for some crazy reason.(:

The Church house said...

Hey farm girl, I am so glad that you found my blog so that I could add you to my "church membership". I love your blog too. I love your two little girls. We will have so much fun together for quite a few years with our girls. And you are right, "1 night in the country is WAY better than a week in the city", even when the cows are out.