Monday, October 20, 2008

Oakley Is 9!!

10 '08
Oakley, I can't believe that you are nine!! Wow how much you have grown! You started out life only 6lbs. 5oz. and only 19 inches long! Now look at you! You are so beautiful! I would like to tell you one of my many favorite Oakley moments from the past years! You were the best baby never! You loved to be out in the barn yard with your Dad, I will always remember the time when you were 2 and we just bought some baby calves that had been raised on bottles. Your Dad and I unloaded them into the pen at our old Hinckley house. You were right there behind us the whole time, in your little Levi jacket, mimicking your Dads every move, never once afraid of the cows and calves, after we were done you walked into the pen and stuck out your tinny little hand to the calve and it latched on and begun to suck! I thought you would have been frighted by it but Oh no way!! When the calve stopped and let go of your hand, you chased it around the pen wanting it to do it again! I knew from that moment on that you were going to be our little Cow Girl! Shortly after this you started your famous phrase, when you were asked what you wanted to eat, the answer always was "Poop and Hay!" and it hasn't ever left! Oakley you are such a joy to have in our family. I don't know what I would do with out you! You are such a big help to your Dad and I! I love you so much, and want you to know how proud I am of you!
Love, MOM


01 '07Team Penning '08Camping '08

No comments: