Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What more can happen!!

Last night as I was switching around the laundry so Greg could have dry pants for work this morning. I could here water running! I knew it wasn't the kids or Greg because the all were in bed. So I dug out my trusty old flash light and start my way in our crawl space that is on the other half of our basement. I hate going under there it is dirty and musty smelling and most of all the spiders live in there!(Now you know where Kara gets her fear of spiders from!) So this is what I found, we have a huge leak on the pipe that comes into the house from our well. I woke up Greg to get his professional plumber advice. This is the only thing we could do was to shut off the water to the house in hope to stop or slow down the leak...So Greg and I go get back in bed and are sleeping soundly when Kara wakes me up at 2:30 this morning with an upset stomach and a fever! It has been very tricky to clean up a sick kid with out any water! But I'm sure thankful for baby wipes!! As of now I have canceled all of my appointments at work, and we are waiting for the plumber to arrive!! I still have yet to figure out how to get to Oakley school to eat lunch with her for parents day!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Poor Kara......I am so sorry that you are sick. I hate it. I hope you get better really fast so you can come to my house next weekend. I wish that I was closer to come and help. I would take Kara for you in a heartbeat. I love that girl. Hope things get better...... By the way how are you feeling?

Mollie said...

I'm so sorry! How horrible. I hope Kara starts to feel better soon.

I hate to say it, but it seems our little ones always get sick at the worst times. When we were trying to sell our house, Harmonie stood at the side of her crib and threw up all over the carpet...the night before our first open house. It was awful!